I threw this Spanish Chicken Traybake together when a friend asked me for quick recipes that will feed the family and I think this probably took the shortest prep time ever! Healthy tinned chickpeas (garbanzo beans to the Yanks) mean you don’t need to worry about potatoes or any other carb. The chorizo and veg take no time to cook at all so in the time it takes to cook the chicken, they’ll have melted into a stewy consistency. Unfortunately, there’s no rushing the chicken but everything else takes five minutes so if you have loads of kids running around, just stick it in the oven and pour a glass of wine.
- 2 cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 large sweet red peppers, roughly chopped
- 200 g chorizo, chopped
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 7 small tomatoes, quartered
- 9 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 7 chicken thighs
- Add the chickpeas, chorizo, onions, tomatoes, garlic, cumin, 1 tsp of the paprika, 0.5 tsp of salt and 2 tbsp of olive oil to a large roasting tray and mix it all up.
- Place the thighs on top, skin-side up and give each a little drizzle of olive oil, a little sprinkling of smoked paprika and a little sprinkling of salt.
- Roast at 200 degrees Celsius for 45-50 minutes or until the chicken skin is crisp and golden.