These Eggs in Coconut Masala are so easy and healthy and take a fraction of the time most other curries take to make. Usually, I find that it can take a lot of cooking to make a fantastic curry but this can easily be rustled up some evening. It is vegetarian too so happy days! If you fancy making it vegan you could try replacing the eggs with roasted cauliflower or tofu!
For some reason, people are put off at hearing “egg curry” but everyone who I have made this for was won over by the coconut masala and has really liked it.
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 3 fresh green chillies, finely chopped
- 4 cm piece of ginger, finely grated
- 3 tbsp mustard oil (vegetable oil is fine too)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- a good handful of coriander leaves
- half a tsp of Garam Masala
- Heath the oil in a pan, add the eggs and fry for 2 or 3 minutes until they just start to colour.
- Add the turmeric and chilli powder, stir and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a simmer before adding the onion, fresh chillies and ginger, stir and allow simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar, coriander leaves and Garam Masala and stir in.
- Halve the eggs and serve.