So after publishing 100 videos on youtube, I thought I’d celebrate with a cocktail – this Summer in the Garden cocktail! It’s called Summer in the Garden but I think Lemon Meringue would be a better name because that’s all I could taste from it, despite the whack of alcohol off it. You’ll only notice that once you’ve finished it.
I always thought that shaken cocktails were really sophisticated, probably solely due to James Bond’s influence, but I’m here to take all the sophistication out of them by showing that you do not need any dance chrome cocktail shaker, I just used a large, old jam jar. I do have one of those shakers but it leaks, not very 007!
- 90 ml gin
- 30 ml limoncello
- 50 ml simple syrup
- 3 tsp lemon curd
- 1 egg white
- a good handful or two of ice cubes
- garnish with the rind of an orange or lemon
- Take 2 martini glasses, coupe glasses or tumblers and put them in the freezer while you make up the cocktail.
- Add the gin, limoncello, syrup, lemon curd and egg white to a large jar or cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
- Add the ice and shake vigorously again.
- Pour the mix through a fine sieve into a large glass or bowl and then back into the original jar or cocktail shaker and shake one more time.
- Remove the glasses from the freezer and pour the mix through the sieve again into the glasses.
- Add the garnish to the rim of the glasses and enjoy!