I think this Buffalo Cauliflower recipe makes for a fantastic side dish or lovely finger food to have with drinks. If serving them at a party it’s probably best to make as much as you can beforehand. The dip can wait in the fridge for a few hours easily. I would roast the cauliflower for the first 20 minutes and make up the sauce but leave it until just before serving. Then combine the cauliflower and sauce and give it the final roasting.
This is great for vegetarians too. I have loads of veggie friends and was myself vegetarian for about a year so I love finding delicious vegetarian recipes that are not just afterthoughts.
- 1 large cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small splash of water (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 150 ml Frank's Red Hot sauce
- 125ml of mayonnaise
- 125ml of sour cream
- half a cup crumbled blue cheese, Stilton or Roquefort
- Juice of half a lemon
- half a tsp coarse black pepper
- half a tsp salt
- A pinch of smoked paprika or cayenne pepper (garnish)
- Combine the cauliflower, olive oil, a pinch of salt and water in a bowl and mix. Spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast at 200 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the butter in the microwave and add the hot sauce and a pinch of salt and stir to combine.
- Take out the roasted cauliflower and transfer to a mixing bowl. Pour over the sauce and stir to coat. Spread it on the baking sheet again in a single layer and return to the oven for another 5 - 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the dip by combining the dip ingredients in a bowl, mix well, decant into a serving bowl, add a pinch of smoked paprika for garnish and set aside.
- Serve up by arranging the dip and cauliflower on a platter or board.